Monday, April 9, 2012

(Seinfeld Voice): Who Are These People?

Amazin' what a new blue fence can do.
The Mets are 3-0 after sweeping the Braves to start the season, but I'm still supressing my optimism in favor of the more natural pessimism the Mets have instilled in me as a fan over the last 25 years.
I swore I wouldn't give the team a dollar until they turned things around and put a product on the field (and did the right things off the field) that New York fans could be proud of. I stayed away from Citi Field for the first two years of its existence, then caved last year and attended three games.
I planned to revert back to my boycott, but a 3-0 start coupled with $2.50 tickets for Santana vs. Strasburg on Wednesday has me folding just six games into the season.
Maybe they are doing something right.
I'm still not optimistic about the season, I just don't think the talent is there. The division is strong and the Mets are still the Mets. Something goes wrong. It always does, at least since 1986.
When will my optimism return? I think they need to be over .500 at the All-Star break, but some Mets fans, at least the ones who call WFAN, are caving already and saying they have a good shot at the second wild-card spot.
They must be new Mets fans, or at least suffer from amnesia. The Mets are not making the playoffs this year. No chance.
It doesn't mean I won't enjoy the wins. It just means I won't be drinking Kool-Aid while I'm watching.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home